Monday, January 10, 2011

School Journal - Nigeria

This semester I decided to pick up the pace and study a country per week instead of every two weeks. I just don't want to be doing this for two years! But I did take some pics of our trip to Nigeria.

We did the standard flag and map work. We read books about Nigeria and read literature selections too. E did a five paragraph report on the country. One of the things that surprised me was that the boys really had a good time using our African instruments to reenact a tribal dance. They built a fire and took off their shirts and one would dance while the other would beat the drum and then they'd switch. They had a great time doing this.


I'm not sure the fire is authentic, but it was a nice touch to have the glow of the lightsaber. :)

We painted an african village scene inspired by african hut craft




An we tried to keep little Mr. entertained. (I had to get him in here somehow!)

It was a good week back from Christmas Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment