Sunday, January 2, 2011

Home Journal - Calendar


I've been keeping a calendar of my own since I was in middle school and I've kept every one. I write in regular stuff like appointments and birthdays but I also jot down little milestones like a first crawl or bad weather or sick kids or anything I can think of. I'm usually too busy to take the time to write in a journal about those day-to-day happenings, but I find that adding it to the calendar helps me remember. So each year, I get myself a new calendar that's not too fancy (but still cute) and I add in all the important dates and then I wonder what the year will hold for the family under this roof and the friends that share our lives. Knowing that I'll write them down and it will be a sweet remembrance of the past for the future. Take time to record the little things.

Thankful for:
  • silly jokes
  • bright winter days
  • glowing fire
  • new year's hugs
  • new year's kisses
  • reflection
  • looking ahead


No comments:

Post a Comment