Yes...popcorn! Now, I've never cooked anything but the microwaved kind, but we're trying to cook without using the microwave as much as possible, so...I cooked it on the stovetop. You know what? It was really easy. And guess what? You could even eat it!! Yay! It definitely dirtied a couple more pots, but it was a lot of fun and I think we'll be doing popcorn this way from now on. I didn't take pics of the whole process, but i can tell you what I did:
- Find a big pot with a lid and put it on the stove on high.
- Put coconut oil in the bottom of the pan to cover the entire bottom.
- Put just enough kernels to also cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pot with the lid.
- Shake the pot back and forth a little to make sure the kernels aren't sticking while you wait patiently for the things to pop.
- Wait for the Party in a Pot to wind down.
- Take off the lid, pour on the butter and sprinkle on the salt.
- Enjoy a yummy snack.