Friday, March 25, 2011

School Journal - Russia

This last week of school was Spring Break for all the public school kids in our area, but this mean mommy was going to make the kids buck up and carry a full load anyway. Well, God must have had other plans because Sunday night I got a mean headache and Ter had to stay home from work on Monday to take care of the kids - so Monday was a wash. Tuesday was L's birthday and we have a tradition at our house that we take off birthdays - so Tuesday was at least a school wash. Wednesday we read a few things about Russia and did some map work and we read some Russian stories - not too bad, but we still didn't do any of the 3 R's. Thursday we got a book or two read about Russia and then went to Granny's house - also pretty much a wash. Friday we don't usually do school at home, but I had the kids watch a video on Russia and called it good. So, the truth is out about our lack of motivation this past week. Oh yeah, I forgot that we also had a Russian meal on Friday night - Beef Stroganoff. Ter and I also had stir fried cabbage which is probably not from Russia, but cabbage is at least! E liked it, but the others wanted to leave it in Russia where it belonged! Ha! Nothing like my kids to tell you the truth. I did redeem myself that night though, by making popcorn and having family movie night.

One more thing, E and I put together our puzzle of St. Basil's Cathedral while we watched the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment