Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Keeper Journal - #2

I had wanted to post this earlier, but I haven't been spending much time in front of the keyboard. This week the "Keeper" bible study has been about prayer. And we've had our need of prayer this week! :) So here's the clencher... Did you know I prayed for all this craziness? Well, I didn't know I was asking for THIS, but that's the way the Lord answered. One of the questions on the first day's homework was about how you've seen God working through prayer in your life. I wrote down my list, but then was talking to God and saying how I really hadn't seen any in a while and anted something fresh and new from Him that by prayer we would just know that it was Him seeing us through. That was Friday morning! He answered about 2:45 that afternoon. Now I'm not saying that I or even God wanted L to get his arm broken and all that went after, but I am saying that He used the terrible to show us Himself. And not just our family. He wanted to show up for our friends and all the kids in our homeschool. It rocked all the kids' worlds to see L on the pavement with his arm broken. Moms started praying right then and kids were praying for him all that day and the next and more. And God answered all our prayers! That builds faith - not just L's but all involved. So...be encouraged, God answers prayer. Big and small. Praise You,God! Our memory verses for this week (See if you can see how they apply): "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths (and arms) straight." Ps. 3:5-6
"Be anxious for nothing, but in all things,by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment