Friday, September 24, 2010

Home Journal - Emergency Room

You just never know what will happen in a day. Thankfully God does, and I know Him.

Ter and the three older kids were at the homeschool co-op field trip to Advanced Metal Recycling while I had the younger two at home napping and watching a show. I was trying to get a little something done for school when Ter called and told me #2 had fallen and broken his arm really bad and that the ambulance was on its way to pick them up and take them to the hospital. He'd call when he knew more. After praying myself, I called our parents and our prayer team and started getting stuff packed into the car - not knowing what to plan for. Ter called me back and said they were headed to Hillcrest, so I hussled everyone in the car, called my mom to meet me there so she could watch the babies, and made it to the hospital just after the X-rays had been taken. Ter and L were both crying when I got there. L just wanted me to put my face against his and rub his hair. I whispered into his ear and he seemed to calm down after that. The nurse gave him more pain meds and the doctor came in to tell us about setting the bone and so on. It was a clean break of both his bones on his left forearm. They could set it right there in the ER. The nurse gave him a drug that they said would knock him out for a few minutes and he wouldn't feel or remember a thing. Then they got to setting the bone. Well, L wasn't asleep and he remembered everything and he felt it! So much for that medicine! But he was his usual talkative self the whole time - even through the tears. Once the bone was set he was ready to get the IV and cords off and get outta there. He was even talking to the old lady who was a patient in the room with him. Finally, the discharge papers came and we could leave. Needless to say, he was a much less bouncy Tigger than when he started the day, but we knew he was going to be fine. Now he's resting and hopefully will stay asleep for the night.



Thanks for everybody's help with the kids and car and praying and whatever else needed to be done on the crazy afternoon! God showed up and we are thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Logan broke his arm but I'm glad he survived everything okay. He had lots of people praying for him! Please let me know if you need help with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that it was a clean break and that prayers were answered. It sounds like Logan was a trooper and so brave.

    ReplyDelete