Monday, September 27, 2010

Home Journal - Arm Update

Is life CRAZY or what!? I got L a doctor appointment this afternoon. He said that L would have to have his bone reset tomorrow morning. Of course, L started crying when he heard that (poor guy). He was nervous about possibly having a shot and wondering if he would wake up from the medicine. The doctor tried to assure him telling him it would be fine and that he'd done this kind of thing lots of times before, but to a kid who's never done it before, it wasn't too helpful. Anyway, we go in tomorrow at 7am and have the surgery at 9 and he'll come out with a full arm cast. So, back to this afternoon...we left the doc, got in the car, turned the key and ...nothing happened. Yep! The battery died. L and I both prayed about the arm and the car and then we had to call Ter, who was at home watching the rest of the kids. While Ter and entourage were on their way, L and I headed for a treat at QT on foot. That perked up L's spirits and he decided he had something to be thankful for for this day after all. :) Ter finally arrived and got the car running so he drove the car to the dealership while I followed in the van. Well, we were in the turn lane for the highway when the car died again. There happened to be two guys walking on the side of the road and Ter yelled at them to help and they ran over and pushed the car onto the access road for us. We decided to go ahead and call a tow truck. Ter would stay with the car while I took the kids to Granny and Papa's house (my parents). When I got in the car and told the kids, they were ecstatic! L said, "This day just keeps gettin' better and better!" Little Betty #4 shouted, "Sweet!!! We going to Granny house? Awesome!" I dropped the kids off, picked up Ter and then we went back to our house to pack. Then got back to my folks house about the kids bedtime. Dull moment? I don't think so. CrAzY...beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment