Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Home Journal - Short Cast

Can I get a FINALLY??? L went to the doc today and got that mean old full cast removed! Yay!!! He was so nervous when they cut the cast off and when they went to wash his arm, he just started crying tears of nervousness and relief all at the same time. After x-rays it took the doc a while to get in, so I tried to do some lame jokes to take his mind off of his arm. The doctor came in a proclaimed perfection and L beamed. He got a new cast put on and we were on our way. Praise the Lord for another answered prayer!


  Much Better!

I asked him if he wanted to keep the cast as a souveneir and he said yes, so I picked it up for him to take with us. He said, "But Mom, I want you to keep half of it because you were here with me the whole time." I started to tear up and told him the doctor didn't need both of us to cry. But I thanked him and hugged him and like Mary "treasured these things in my heart". So many times you want to take the hurt away, but it's the hurt that binds you together.

We'll keep that cast as a rememberance of a faithful God and a faith-filled boy.  

1 comment:

  1. Got all caught up - that's the sweetest story about Logan! Blessed Thanks Giving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete