Saturday, February 5, 2011

School Journal - Owl Babies

Owl Babies is such a cute book. Betty really enjoyed this one. I think she can relate to one of the babies named Bill who always said, "I want my Mommy!"


Now, I have to tell you that I have a thing for owls. I think they are so sweet and they are quite the rage right now. They are popping up on everything...deco and scrapbook papers etc. So even though our letter for this week at Confessions of a Homeschooler is O for Octopus, I threw in about half owl stuff.

We did some of the lapbook things from Homeschool Share (link below) that she is really enjoying. My other kids didn't really like lapbooks, but Betty is different. Yay! Because I like lapbooks! :-)

Cheerios Octopus from a site I can't seem to locate right now except she jazzed hers up with glitter glue.

She enjoyed putting the word on a pipe cleaner with beads to match the picture.

I put together a Letter O/Circle Sensory Bucket with odds and ends around the house. She hasn't been into the sensory buckets like I thought she would, but I'm still not giving up yet. They're fun to put together and you never know when one will be a hit. This one had anything round I could fit...pompoms, game pieces, Lauri puzzle pieces, beads, canning jar rings, gears, round bowls, coins and baby toy links.

I made up a couple of owl printables one for a number match. She puts down the number of mice under the correct owl number. The other game I made was just a bunch of different free clip art on owls that I made into a matching game which she L.O.V.E.S. to play. It's especially cute when she starts to feel sorry for you and how poorly your matching ability is and starts to "help" you by making matches for you. I don't know how to put printables on my blog yet, so if someone would like to explain :) or if you'd like them, I can email the printables to you.

This is a cute little O for Owl from No Time For Flashcards


Quote of the week: "I like reindeer. I also like snowdeer."


http://delightfullearning.blogspot.com/2010/01/o-is-for-owl-babies.html

I found some great links for owl crafts.
http://www.makinglearningfun.com/
http://www.deepspacesparkle.com/2009/03/torn-paper-owls-for-second-grade/
http://www.dltk-kids.com/animals/mshapesowl.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment