Saturday, February 5, 2011

School Journal - China

China kinda got pushed aside for the more important and ultra-exciting SNOW that piled higher than it ever has before in our neck of the woods. The kids were a little hard to control and rein in, but we did manage a few things other than playing in the snow around here. The bad part is that I don't really have any pictures of them. I don't even have cute snow pictures for you. But such is life sometimes, right?

We mapped China and colored the flag. We prayed for the Chinese Christians and the church there. We read lots of good books about China. The kids' favorite was The Five Chinese Brothers. We also read aloud Little Pear.  E has also been reading The House of 60 Fathers that she said (and I quote), "is a good book if I didn't have to write a paragraph about it." Sometimes she gets a little put out with me if I ask her to narrate to me in writing - not her fave. I just smile and wave. L finished reading about Pandas and said that they were now his favorite bear.

                                                                      


We also tried our hand at Chinese Calligraphy, Sudoku, and Tangrams. One day I had the boys build The Great Wall out of Legos (just a model and as you can tell not an exact replica), but it did take a lot of time and imaginitive play which count for something!


Here's the link for printables and otherlinks for you:
http://homeschoolcreations.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment