Saturday, November 12, 2011

School Journal - Eating Geography

"Oh no, my Africa broke. Oh well, I'll just bite a little more and turn it around, and it can be Australia." In Heart of Dakota Bigger Hearts for His Glory, the kids were asked to make the continents by biting off bits from a graham cracker to leave the continent shape behind. They were a little leary at first, but even E decided she could participate in a little geography activity. Of course, I didn't have enough graham crackers to go around, so we tried tortillas, but I didn't have tortillas. Then we did find a few flat tostada shells, but not enough to go around. Then we broke out the cheese. (Can you tell I needed to go shopping?) They finally completed their continents. 




Not exactly to scale, but at least they know their continents!

No comments:

Post a Comment