Thursday, September 8, 2011

School Journal - Ocean/Beach Preschool Theme

We're getting ready to go on vacation to the beach and I thought it would be fun to do a beach/ocean theme for our school workboxes. We used some printables and ideas from several different sites:


Betty and Bo both enjoyed this activity I got from Counting Coconuts (not from the link above, but I couldn't find the exact one). It's just putting little umbrella toothpicks into styrofoam. Great fine motor activity. We used our ocean animal toobs a lot and poured "sand" into different containers with a funnel which Betty loved too.


I also put together an ocean sensory tub with our ocean animals, blue aquarium gravel, a small boat, some seashells, aquarium plants and some spikey balls for sea urchins. The beach sensory tub that I did didn't get its picture taken but it had cornmeal for sand (since I didn't have the real thing), seashells, a bucket and scoop, a toothpick umbrella and little chairs and some game pieces to serve as people. Both of them were played with a lot.

I think that now they'll know what to do when we go on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment