Tuesday, April 19, 2011

School Journal - PreSchool Catch-up

Not that you have to catch-up when you're doing preschool, but I'm just going to catch you up on what we have been doing. Although, I don't have too many pictures. Sometimes I'm in the mood to take pics and sometimes I'm too lazy to hunt for the camera. But anyway, Betty has made her way all through the alphabet so far. We just worked on her Letter of the Week stuff from  Confessions of a Homeschooler. She hasn't been too excited about the B4FIAR stuff, so I don't push it. We worked on the letters Rainbow R, Ladybug L, Watermelon W and Nest N. She's really gotten tired of the younger things like the size sequencing and coloring and magnet pages, but she is really enjoying the letter search and the color-by-number pages. She's also loving to do the number trace page.

One week I even taught her how to fix spaghetti, so here she is whipping this batch up from scratch all by herself. :) Okay, Okay...she had a little help from me, but she is an excellent stirrer just like her daddy. I'm so proud!

Nature Study and telling Bo all the finer points of this particular flower. She could tell me the scientific name, but I forgot it. ;)

Here she is offering me one of her most prized specimens. Can you tell she's been into flowers lately. Garden Preschool Pack here we come! 

Big sis, E, put together Betty's rainbow sensory tub complete with blue aquarium rock, feathers, magnet letters in different colors, counting bears, stirring sticks, pipecleaners and a rainbow flower bracelet. I thought E did a good job of coming up with the items to add and I didn't have to do it!

Instead of trudging our way through school during Spring, we're going to be taking three weeks off and then getting back to it in May. Hence the resuming blog posts. I have time to do something else for a second! I'll be going to our homeschool convention and doing some planning during our break and doing some much needed Spring Cleaning around the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment