Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Keeper Journal #7

Well, I didn't get last week's keeper journal posted and this week was our last week of study, so I'll just combine. Last week we discussed service outside the home. I have to admit that this is an area I struggle with. Not because I don't want to or feel I don't have time or anything like that, but I do struggle with thoughts of being good enough or qualified to do whatever it may be. I have to fight (and lose a lot of times) feelings of insecurity and inadequacy, it seems like constantly. Right now, I'm going through a period of feeling pretty good about who I am and what I'm doing, but I know that one little comment from someone could bring back all the self-doubt feelings. That mainly happens when serving in church ministries, but there are other kinds of ministry opportunities that I feel are hardly service at all, but the Lord sees it, like inviting people over for a meal or taking a meal to someone or just calling someone who has been on my mind. Those don't seem to bring about the yucky thoughts. So, Lord, take my thoughts captive and let me just enjoy You as I serve and leave the analyzing in the ditch on the side of the road.

This week was a nice wrap-up session and some great encouragement from the author Lori Merrill. Being a Keeper of the Home is such a high calling - a calling to be like God Himself - certainly not that we could do that, but to be an example of Him like in Psalm 121 where the word "keep" is used so many times. Let's fight the good fight and not give up fighting for our families and our homes. Let's be the watchmen and the protector of all things good and innocent as a keeper. And let's be good stewards who, when the Lord comes again, will be doing the things that we were supposed to be doing just as if He were here all along. I want to be faithful in the little and the much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment